Rehoming Pekin Drakes- Atlanta area

Well, not that anyone is probably very interested, but it amuses me to post updates.
lol.png

Of the 7 ducklings Delilah hatched and raised to adulthood, we got 4 girls and 3 boys!
They are now 8 weeks old.
Took me, my husband, my daughter and step son to get them penned and sorted but sort them we did!

I'm keeping the girls so that now gives me 9 girls and Ming Ming my drake.
Ming Ming is going to be one busy but happy drake next spring!

Three baby boys and Tweety a 2 year old drake are all going to a new home on a 6 acre farm with a 1 acre lake.

Bye boys! Enjoy your new home!

Last picture of everyone together before the great duck sorting of 2014! LOL

Well, not that anyone is probably very interested, but it amuses me to post updates.
lol.png

Of the 7 ducklings Delilah hatched and raised to adulthood, we got 4 girls and 3 boys!
They are now 8 weeks old.
Took me, my husband, my daughter and step son to get them penned and sorted but sort them we did!

I'm keeping the girls so that now gives me 9 girls and Ming Ming my drake.
Ming Ming is going to be one busy but happy drake next spring!

Three baby boys and Tweety a 2 year old drake are all going to a new home on a 6 acre farm with a 1 acre lake.

Bye boys! Enjoy your new home!

Last picture of everyone together before the great duck sorting of 2014! LOL

I'm interested.
smile.png
and very happy you were able to find the boys such a great home. Beautiful pic of your ducks.

I'm interested.
smile.png
and very happy you were able to find the boys such a great home. Beautiful pic of your ducks.

Awww thanks!
You've always been so sweet to me!!

I wonder now that we've had a successful hatch if the hens from this hatching are going to learn from mama duck and go broody next spring.
That'd be a hot mess to have FIVE hens all hatching ducklings!!
ep.gif

My other hens have never shown any interest in nesting. Just Delilah who hatched these.

And now that I have 9 hens and 1 drake, they are LOUD!!
They come up in the backyard and getting to fussing and talking to each other!

My husband keeps saying, "Are you sure you want this many girls?"
lau.gif

Last edited:
Awww thanks!
You've always been so sweet to me!!

I wonder now that we've had a successful hatch if the hens from this hatching are going to learn from mama duck and go broody next spring.
That'd be a hot mess to have FIVE hens all hatching ducklings!!
ep.gif

My other hens have never shown any interest in nesting. Just Delilah who hatched these.

And now that I have 9 hens and 1 drake, they are LOUD!!
They come up in the backyard and getting to fussing and talking to each other!

My husband keeps saying, "Are you sure you want this many girls?"
lau.gif
Funny you should say 9 girls because i also have 9 girls but mine are Muscovy, even though they are called the quackless ducks they can still raise a ruckus when they want to. lol

But yeas I bet 9 Pekins talking at once would make you think twice but so cute are their faces. As for brooding next year you are one of the blessed to have a Pekin stay the course so many give up so I'd say out of the girls she hatched most if not all will inherit her temperament to brood. You'll be doing alot of egg hunting to keep the numbers in check.
wink.png

Funny you should say 9 girls because i also have 9 girls but mine are Muscovy, even though they are called the quackless ducks they can still raise a ruckus when they want to. lol

But yeas I bet 9 Pekins talking at once would make you think twice but so cute are their faces. As for brooding next year you are one of the blessed to have a Pekin stay the course so many give up so I'd say out of the girls she hatched most if not all will inherit her temperament to brood. You'll be doing alot of egg hunting to keep the numbers in check.
wink.png
Oh yes....It will be an egg hunt for sure around here!
Delilah has nest two years in a row now and as you know, this was her first successful hatch.
Maybe the 4 girls she raised will nest up by the house too. This is where Delilah nested and they were hatched.
Make my life easier if they all laid in the same area in the bushes!
lol.png

Oh yes....It will be an egg hunt for sure around here!
Delilah has nest two years in a row now and as you know, this was her first successful hatch.
Maybe the 4 girls she raised will nest up by the house too. This is where Delilah nested and they were hatched.
Make my life easier if they all laid in the same area in the bushes!
lol.png
I'd be surprised if they did. mine really like their privacy but they like their bedrooms too so thankfully I don't have to hunt eggs they lay them in their houses. Hopefully your girls will make it easy on you. lol

Back
Top Bottom