Reintroducing injured girl back to the flock

cruisnmoma

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 14, 2013
I had posted before thanksgiving that one of the girls was hurt by a dog. she needed stitches and was kept from the other girls for over 2 weeks. then we had a week of snow and no one was willing to come out side. once the weather cleared up they all came out again, including the hurt one. she has been living in hubbys office, it is a sun room with a door to the yard. she had been going out to an in closed area. they could all see each other , but the could not get to her. 2 of the girls have really been wanting to be with her, so we have let them in. they do great together, but the other 3, mostly 1 goes after her. today we closed up the 2 meanest ones and have let her out with the other 3. again, she did good, but really was scared. she kept wanting to go back to her area. tonight we put her in with the other girls in the hen house, but keeping the meanest one in the coop she was sleeping in. so far it is ok, they would not let her up on the roost, so she took one of the nests. we keep going out and checking on them, what are the odds she will be accepted by the others in the morning since she slept with them, and how many days should we keep the mean one from the rest of the group?

Last edited:
I do not see any reason why it would not be back to normal
by noon tomorrow as she was once part of the flock, I would
really keep an eye on them .......

gander007
old.gif

we chose this weekend to really push the issue, we are both off and i have most of the week off and we are due for dry cold, but sunny weather. hubby does not mind having in there with him, but she looks so lonley and watches the other girls like she wants to be with them, but when we give her a chance to do so, she gets scared and trys to run back in the sun room.

Back
Top Bottom