rejoining the flock ?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by napoleon, Oct 25, 2009.

1. napoleon

napoleon Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2009
    :(We have three ex battery hens adopted in March Banty, Bonnie and Dot, Dot has been unwell passing what can only be described as "eggy" or corn coloured poo and generally looked unwell , fluffed up head down and not eating or drinking so I brought her in for some loving care, she stayed two nights, settled well and appeared inquisitive ate and drank in moderation and followed us everywhere she could ! A little treasure, however the other two attempted to set about her in very unpleasant manner, I have heard there something to put on her to make her more acceptable to the others I would be grateful for any help or advice anyone might be able to give regaring re introducing the girls and the strange poo![​IMG]

2. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
  3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I would absolutly love to save some battery hens . How did you manage to get them? I thought they all get incenerated. Wow this is cool, do you have any pictures?

About the sick one: YOu might want to kill her and keep the others, she may have something bad. There seems to be alot of bad things being passed around, im hearing about right now .
    THis was nothing will get passed along in your flock.

4. napoleon

napoleon Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2009
    Many thanks for your reply but I couldnt harm Dot unless the vet had to do the kind thing as she is such a lovely girl and the most intelligent of my three!! I guess you are in the US we here in the UK have an organisation called The Battery Hen Welfare Trust who put me in touch with a local homing agent for released Battery Hens so we went along on a specified day having talked at length with those organizing the day and collected our three who are now beautiful young ladies:cd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by