1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Relay for Life

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Fierlin1182, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    My friend organised to start a team at my school to do Relay for Life at the end of the month - basically when the ten, fifteen of you walk around a track for an almost 24 hours. I'm going to go for it. Great cause, I think, raising funds for cancer research.
    It's just an Aussie thing, I think (http://www.relayforlife.org.au/). It should be a good experience, even if I don't last all night. :lol: It would just be great to be a part of something like this.

2. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    No, we do it here in the states too! Good luck, it is for a good cause!

3. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Oh, well that's good! I didn't know that before. True, most things in Australia are copied from either the States or the UK, so I should've guessed. :lol:

4. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    I have always thought that Australians are very original people! You have a beautiful country, and beautiful people!
    :)

5. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Indeed, it is a great place! Some amazing views here out of tall buildings, not like London or Beijing, where all you can see are more buildings.

I just could not help noticing when I first arrived that all our reality TV shows were exactly the same as those from other countries. :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by