1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

releasing pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by chickengoose14, Dec 24, 2012.

1. chickengoose14

chickengoose14 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2012
    indiana
    which would be best the standerd ringneck or the melanistic

2. TheSpeckledRoo

TheSpeckledRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2012
    Michigan
    I don't own pheasants, but i am very interested in it. In Michigan you can actually get a permit from the state to raise pheasants and the DNR will actually buy them off you. What do you want from your pheasants? The ringneck is the more popular breed IMO. They actually live wild over here.

3. chickengoose14

Oct 21, 2012
    indiana
    i would like to set them free so there would be some around to hunt and i think it would be cool to have them wild around here.

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Before doing anything you will need to check with your states laws etc...about releasing. People who just release fowl on a whim makes it harder for us to keep fowl....

1 person likes this.
  5. chickengoose14

Oct 21, 2012
    indiana
    thanks for the enformation [​IMG]

6. TheSpeckledRoo

TheSpeckledRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2012
    Michigan
    I would listen to chickenzoo on this. I live in southern Michigan and we have pheasants all over the place here. I can almost grantee that there are some pheasants in Indiana being connected.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by