Religious Chicken?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blessedchickenmama7, Nov 1, 2009.

1. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    I got my first egg last Sunday. Nothing since, til today. I got my second. From the same hen. So I guess she's a religious girl and does her service on Sundays.

Since I'm married to a preacher, I guess that's only fitting.

Seriously, I hope she gets a bit more regular and the rest of ladies decide to join her in her "ministry".

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

hahaha, that's too funny! Let's hope all the rest of the ladies do join her "Egg Ministry", but maybe they could each be assigned a particular day.

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

4. chknaddict

chknaddict Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    That's funny! Ours seem to lay less or not at all some Sundays. We have 9 laying and were joking that they take Sundays off as a "day of rest".

5. WilczenskiFarm

WilczenskiFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Pembroke, MA
    Are you sure they're Christian? Maybe they got another religion in mind?! lol!

6. blessedchickenmama7

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Wilczenski,

I thought about that. She could be Jewish... Yesterday may have been her Sabbath and this may be the first day of her workweek. Either way, she's slackin'... Working one day a week!

We're Baptist, and my girls are kind of like the little ol' church ladies: they talk a lot, but don't get much done...[​IMG] Got a mouthy little cochin roo who's like... Oh, my... better go before I say too much. [​IMG]

Seriously, we've had some lovely ladies and gents in the churches we've been in. I'm only joking. [​IMG]

7. WilczenskiFarm

May 6, 2009
    Pembroke, MA
    HeeHeeHee!!!
    I know... I make light of religion sometimes, but it's only in good humor and a good laugh. Your ladies sound very loved... and that's all that matters!!! [​IMG]

I'm just jealous... I don't know what mine have in mind yet. They are 20 weeks this Tuesday, about 4 of them are doing the squat and have nice red combs now... I'll let you know as soon as I do!!!

8. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    [​IMG] I have a Minorca that has always taken Sunday's off..absolutely no egg from her on Sundays.At first we didn't think anything about it until it became a real laying pattern for her.

9. blessedchickenmama7

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Quote:Maybe she's just taking advantage of the "day of rest". I guess mine just has it reversed...

10. WilczenskiFarm

May 6, 2009
    Pembroke, MA
    Our FIRST EGG!!!!!! I'm so psyched!!!! I'll have to wait and see if she's religious at all:) lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by