*relocate* How long for Pekins to hatch?

Griffin Nest

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Last time I incubated duck eggs they were Khaki Campbells and I was positive they would hatch on a weekend when I was available to record their hatches because every website I went to told me that they hatch on day 28. They hatched on day 25 and I was at school.
hit.gif
(Temperature of entire incubation was between 99.2 and 99.9; Humidity was 55%; Lockdown didn't happen because they hatched a few hours after I put them in lockdown that morning)

I'm ordering Pekins this time. How many days is incubation when YOU hatch pekins? I'm using a fan-incubator and I will set the thermostat at 99.2. I really don't want to miss it again!
hide.gif

Quote:
most buck breeds take around 28 days to hatch. If they hatched earlier then your temp was to high, or to low. What was it at?

Quote:
most buck breeds take around 28 days to hatch. If they hatched earlier then your temp was to high, or to low. What was it at?

it was set at 99.2 but usually at 99.6. Do you hatch pekins or Khakis? maybe khakis were just different

Quote:

it was set at 99.2 but usually at 99.6. Do you hatch pekins or Khakis? maybe khakis were just different

No, they should be no differnt. Your temp was a little high, so maybe thats why. I hatched some khaki crosses. And they were three days late

Back
Top Bottom