Remake of True Grit

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 24, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hollywood has really gone overboard this time. The trailer doesn't even have a little girl in it!!! The whole story is about her will to overcome!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I saw it advertise. Probably can't touch the classic, John Wayne, Glen Campbell, & Kim darby! [​IMG]

3. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I could watch it again with John Wayne. Could do without Glen Campbell.....but, if I had to watch Kim Darby fake a southern accent again in my lifetime I would expire! Living in Logan County....right next to Dardanelle, in Yell County you would think I would like to see the movie again.

Kim Darby did a serious injustice to a southern accent!

4. debilorrah

Quote:It looks to me like they butchered the original. I am not going to see it!

5. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Oh, but I [​IMG] Jeff Bridges. He's in it, isn't he? Did anybody see the movie he got an Oscar for? I haven't seen it yet, called Crazy Heart, I think.

Jen

6. debilorrah

I love Jeff Bridges too, but he sure ain't no John Wayne.

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Typical hollywood, cant come up with a decent movie, gotta copy a classic. It just isnt the same. Just like the recent Star Trek movie. I didnt waste my money to watch it and I'm not starting with the 'new' True Grit. No one can be the "Duke" but the "Duke!" The next thing you know, they'll be doing a remake of "The African Queen."

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  8. Sir Birdaholic

Glen Campbell was a bad actor in it, & Kim Darby, downright sucked! How it turned out to be a good movie is beyond me. I guess "The Duke" could carry ALOT of weight on his shoulders!

9. Shai

Shai Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2010
    Making a John Wayne movie without John Wayne is a recipe for disaster...

That said...

Now it's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  10. Sir Birdaholic

It was a good movie, but it would have been better if the Duke would have left Kim Darby in the snake pit! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by