remants of Gustav......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Queen Scoot, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    here in NE Oklahoma where i live its very windy,dreary and very very heavy rain......Gustavs last attempt. its gonna be like this until Saturday they say......[​IMG] oh well lots of time for doing inside things!

2. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I hope it's rain that you need, and not rain that will cause floods.

Be glad you're not in Miami, Florida at this time. There are a total of THREE tropical weather disturbances targeting South Florida. They will probably bring at least tropical storm force winds and a lot of rain, and there's always the chance a storm could intensify to hurricane strength and change track to roll right over your house.

We had Tropical Storm Fay roll across the state & bring a LOT of rain, which flooded some areas that had bad drainage systems. She did fill up our big Lake Okeechobee, which had been alarmingly low for over a year. We also got some rain & wind from Gustav as he passed nearby.

Tropical Storm Hanna is scheduled to blow up the eastern coast Thurs or Fri. I'm hoping & praying she'll stay well offshore and stay weak. Ike is close behind her, expected Mon (?) don't know if he'll follow her track. Josephine is following Ike & could do the same.[​IMG]

ONLY 88 more days left of hurricane season...

3. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    It's in Michigan now. Oddly, most of it is staying just west of me. And there's only about 22 miles between me and Lake Huron.

Must be that anti-lake effect rain or something.

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    We only got a little light rain from it this morning. Still watered the garden tonight.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Rain off and on all day yesterday and today. Now we need to dry off!

6. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    Pass some of that non-stop rain my way... the well has gone dry again and we have to truck over water from the neighbors down the hill. I was definitely not made to live in a desert, lol. Hope you don't get flooded though.

7. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Two solid days of rain has left us soggy! Things are finally starting to clear off a little bit here. I think we have had at least 2 inches of rain today alone. Gustav can move on now.

8. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    rain rain rain and MORE rain!!!! ugh!! hopefully the river wont flood!

9. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Here in SW MO we have had two days of a nice steady rain, thankfully it is soaking into the ground and not flooding!!!! The ducks sure have enjoyed the puddles in the back yard, lol.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by