Remember My Splash Orp Pullet Chick? Weeeellll....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by speckledhen, Aug 13, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

....... [​IMG] Look at these pictures I took today at 5 weeks old! NO! Please, NO! Not again! This chick feathered out like an Orp pullet, quickly with a long tail, although it had thicker legs than I would expect on a pullet chick. Now, look! It's happening again, right? I have yet another splash cockerel, dont I? I've hatched splashes from three different sources and have hatched FOUR Splash cockerels. Why am I not allowed to have a splash pullet, why, why, why???????????? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Oh dear! he does look rooish doesn't he. Guess, you'll just have to keep on trying. Here's a suggestion. Find a hatchaholic close to you. Give them a bunch of eggs and let them hatch the pullet for you and then you get the pullet. I think the electrons in your bator are just flowing the wrong way [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

So, it's just an electron problem, huh, D, LOL? Oh, man. Anyone got an electron fix-it kit? [​IMG] Here is another pic of some of the Delawares with the splash Orp in the back at the waterer. Even in the dark, it looks roo-ish now. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Oh no! Cyn I swear you are the Susan Lucci of the Splash Orpington Pullets. I just hope it does not take 18 years to get one. [​IMG]

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:Good Advise! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Quote:Well, I guess this is the only time in this life that MOI will be compared to Susan Lucci, LOL, LOL. [​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] :aww I'll be ....

8. speckledhen

I swear, it looked like a pullet two days ago. And the body still does! I quit! Unless one of the cockerel-looking ones is really a pullet, I only have one new girl for Suede now. [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He sure does look like a he.....sooner or later you've got to get a pullet.

10. speckledhen

[​IMG]

Maybe some time, Katy, but I'm finished hatching for the year. Thought I had two new ladies for my Suede.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by