Remember Shadow? Pics of her & a couple others today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Feb 1, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've had little contact with my flock for a month since breaking my ankle. Today, it was spring in Feb, sunny and warm. Zane was on the porch in his playpen taking a sunbath and I got to hold my banty Cochin, Shadoow, and my blue Ameraucana, Charlotte, who is over her molt finally.
    Shadow is about 40 weeks old and no egg from her yet, but, as you can see in the pics, her comb is bright red and her body is rounding out nicely.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what a beautiful day it was today?? Loved it! I sat on the porch for about two hours.

2. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Good ol' Zane. Hugs.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I just love your updates.

Blessings for that ankle.

Looking at the lay of your land I can see you need to be careful where you step... especially in the winter or if it's wet.

4. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Beautiful hens and a beautiful day. Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you are healing fast.

Anne

5. speckledhen

She's on a nest! Shadow is on a nest! This is so cool, but my DH has to report it to me since I cant go out there.

6. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Your backyard and your chickies are so beautiful. I wish I had a backyard that big.

7. speckledhen

Well, that's just the outbuilding area. Altogether, we have over five acres, though we have only just over two of them perimeter fenced. (the other 3 are for sale, which in this market, could take 15 years [​IMG]) Some days I wish I had a little more flat land, but I do love the mountains.

8. speckledhen

She did it! Shadow laid her very first egg...and it's the size of a wind egg. I'll post a pic in a little while. FINALLY! Now, the only holdout is my splash Ameraucana, Snow. She's older than Shadow!

9. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

Here she is on the nest then her little egg next to a large egg for perspective:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by