1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Remember the discussion of dangerous jobs?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Nov 16, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Do you remember the discussion we had the other day about spouses with dangerous jobs? And I said I worry more about the jokers DH works with who don't know what the hay they are doing?? Remember that?

Well today they had a group of people in a vessel that required SCBAs if you were in it. This requires that some one stand outside and take note of every person who goes in and accounts for them as they leave and monitors how long they have been inside.

The guy

went to lunch......... [​IMG]

Yep, He just walked away.

Yeah, he got fired. Ya think? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    What does your husband do? (Sorry! I missed the thread the other day. [​IMG] )

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    I think we need a smilie getting bonked in the head with a hammer for that. [​IMG]

4. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i had a guy do that to me when i was working in a oil tank,, at a battery ,, i hollered up ,, nothing,, took my mask off, hollered again,, nothing,, climbed out,, he was no where around,, he quit while i was in there, cause HE was getting too hot sitting up there waiting [​IMG]

5. the1much

had a guy 1 time take MY lock-off tag off a control panel and stat up a rock crusher while i was in it greasing fittings,,,,, man i got hundreds of these stories,, and EVERY 1 of them is because of a [email protected] idiot

6. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    My personal favorite is when the engineer working on a reactor told the technician that they could go ahead and start the hot caustic wash without checking all the valves, then took off for dinner. The reactor hall had only ONE person left inside at the time it was started, and that one poor bugger turned out to be the quality assurance auditor. Yeah, she wasn't too happy about 90 degree lye spraying 30 feet across the room with her inside.

7. TexasJoe

TexasJoe Taking a break

Mar 3, 2008
    stupid people will get you killed. I'm amazed that our country has fallen to this level of ineptitude, but not surprised.

8. the1much

ive always been afraid of the "people" not the job.

9. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    was it a "fire/hole watch" person that walked off? wow he'll never get a constrution job again! sounds like your dh does the same kinda thing as my dad he's a pipe fitter contractor working at oil refineries, mom does fire watch.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  10. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I'm a Union electrician by trade......We just got off the wind farms a little over a month ago . 280' towers we had to climb up and down everyday , with 30# harnesses trusting that our cable slide would work when it was supposed to . At 70 mph winds , those towers sway 6' , Not to mention the lightning that happened every other day , and tools dropping from the top . A plastic hard hat doesn't really help when a pair of channel locks comes flying down 200' . The towers are putting out 12,000 kva .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by