Remember those duckies? Wellllll (PICS)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckLover179, Apr 14, 2011.

1. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    Waddles & Puddles are grown duckies now! (This monday they will be 9 weeks old)
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG] ..... loss of the cute ducklings that is. man they are getting big!!

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, they dont half grow fast. My 2 young drakes I hatched in Jan have just molted their teenage feathers and I can see a slight curl coming up on them now. Mine are friendly and will come chat to me if I kneel down but today instead of coming for a chat Elliot decided to do a wing test and near batted me to death with all the flapping he did, then he looked at me in disgust and waddled away. [​IMG]

4. DuckLover179

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    I know, right?! Now I need more ducklings! Seriously though, they grow SO fast! [​IMG]

gofasterstripe, This morning I was taking them to their playpen in the grass, and Waddles freaked out, and kept hitting me in the face [​IMG] When it was time to go back to their house, I carried Puddles first! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just look at them! How beautiful they have gotten! [​IMG]

6. DuckLover179

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    b.hromada :

Just look at them! How beautiful they have gotten! [​IMG]

Thank you! I was in my bathroom today (Where they used to bathe), and I saw one of their baby feathers [​IMG] SO TINY!!!​

7. duckymommyyy

duckymommyyy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    They are adorable ducks! are they affectionate and play with you?! I want my baby pekin ducklings to grow up and be able to pet them and hug them!

8. Mikanik

Mikanik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Gorgeous!! I <3 Pekins! I am a little upset I didn't get one this year. I look at my little 4 weks old cayuga and can't even imagine that in another month or so she'll be a different bird! LOL

9. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles &amp; Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    They come up to me, eat out of my hand, and quack when they see me coming. Other than that they hate being touched, picked up, and run away when I try [​IMG]. You can get your pekins to love you, though. I held mine ALL the time when they were babies, but I held them less as they got older, so I recommend still holding them, and petting them when they are still growing, so they will imprint on you better. [​IMG]

10. MissusDee

MissusDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    They look so beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by