Remembering My angel

JupiterFarmer

Songster
10 Years
Feb 14, 2009
Palm Beach County
I used this forum long before I got this new brood and joined this site. I had a very special chook and was constantly trying to find how I could make her life better. Ended up coming to this site a whole bunch. I am recounting her life her just so I have something semi permanent To remember her. I think I'll tell her story from what had been her view. I think I'll be doing it in short bits as its really hard to remember her and not break down.

I was hatched at breeder in florida and raised kindly with a diet of quail food because my beak was so small. I got a/c in my roomy cage and was with my sister near by. I problably hatched from a cream colored egg and I was told I was a silkie. I was bought by a big hunter with a my sister. She was silkie too, but she looked different from me. She was fluffier and her feathers weren't as stiff as mine. Oh her comb was different too! She was so quiet when we arrived at our new home.

There was this funny four legged animal who always panted and grunted as if she was dying. Always staring at me and my sister, but since she couldn't get in I didn't pay her no mind. That drool monster got put away soon enough. Since we always well feed, clean and comfortable I couldn't help my happy noises. I purred and trilled near constantly.

The big guy didn't like that and told the nice lady who mostly took care of us that I had to go. I was making too much noise and they couldn't keep a rooster in the house. Of course I tried clucking at them that I was a girl but they didn't understand me

One day I was taken in a small carrier away from me sister with food and water in the crate. In my ride from where I hatched I didn't have anything? What was going on? I was left in the car for a long time before the big guy took me and put me in another ladies car. She was speaking a whole different language from the couple I was with before. Where was I going?!

Next part going up tomorrow

Last edited:
pop.gif

ooh please do go on. This is gonna be good I can tell.

Last edited:

I wasn't awake the entire ride there, it was dark out and the car ride was so smooth. When the car came to a stop though finally I felt my carrier being shook about as some one lifted it up. I couldn't help the rush of peeps that followed when I was moved around.

Soon I was put into a steadier grasp and put up high before I saw the face of the new grasp. She was taller than the lady who picked me up. I heard her coo, almost like the noise my sister almost did, and she said something softly. Not quite sure what she said but I got newer water in a new bowl and the lights turned off.

The next morning I woke up alone and hungry. I only had big chunks of food though darn it... Giving it scratch I ended up flipping my bowl over into my shavings. Darn it more at least I had water and had eaten some food. I'll scratch around later to see if I could get any of the crumbles. I had to wait until one of the ladies came to give me more.

I huddled as close to the wire door as I could so I could see them be. There was a fan nearby somewhere and that whooshing noise soon soothed me into a deep sleep. Maybe later they'll let me out of this carrier soon.

I think I'll end up only doing teeny lil parts like this

Sorry was feeling so tired after a trio of hawks tried to go for our current flock and yesterday I had a long tiring lab class. I'll do a couple good long post when I'm not soo pooped, but here's a start to play catch up

I woke up when I was being lifted out of my cage. It was the girl with the steady grip. She told me a bunch of things but I only got the compliment of how cute I was. Then She gave me fresh food and water leaving me free on the ground instead of the cage. She went to clean it and put in fresh shavings as I busily stuffed myself, happily peeping the entire time. She then put my cage back up.

Oh no...I havent even stretched my wings yet! I was so hungry I thought to myself when She reached down. But instead of picking me up and putting me back in my cage she gave me a pet before giving a scratch to my growing feathers. That felt sooo good since my skin has been feeling so itchy since I started feathering out, I gave a little trill as my eyes closed slowly with enjoyment. She stopped the scratching way too soon. She then put me up on the large shelf that the crate was on cover with newspaper before putting my food up there.

"After you finish up. I'm taking you inside with me before giving you more room up there"

Inside? I thought I was inside already. I wonder what the inside of this place looks like... I wondered to myself as I took another drink as I filled up on food and water

I usually write these between classes or when my insomnia has finally driven me nuts. I'll probably do another one later tonight need to play catch up and then make up for the missed days. This isn't going to have a happy ending by the way.

To appease you guys her's a preview of how she gets into the house
Writers block on how to put this in her view without making it seem too traumatic on her since she really took everything in stride

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

trying to get pic to work x.x

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom