Remembering......Pics*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SamG347, Jul 23, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well looking back through my photo-bucket I found a pic that made me stop...think...reflect...and sigh. It was the pic of my first flock. It seems like just yesterday I was hand raising each of them...The 5 chicks from Cackle. Now one of them has passed....Babs the rooster went to live at a new home and the 2 SLWs and Buffy the BO and Autum the GLW closest to the camera still reside here. Along with 13 sisters that make up my laying flock. It is sad but nice to see all the old faces of birds that have lived...passed..or just gone to live other places. Here is a pic of my first flock...hope you enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    So pretty.... they look like my flock now. Almost the same mix. It is nice to memorialize the ones that have gone before, isn't it?

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Very Nice! [​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    AAAW
    Here's my very first hatchling. A little court quail. He only lived 4 days but he went straight to my and my wife's heart.
    Cute lil bugger
    [​IMG]
    We named him Peckerhead because he'd run all around the bed and peck at the designs.
    He wouldn't stop peeping unless he was in my hand sleeping.
    *snif*snif*
    :-(

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  5. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    I remember them all Sam :)
    And I remember how excieted you were to have them.

Melanie

6. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Awww. It's a good thing I raise immortal chickens. I don't remember lost pets without much balling.

7. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    That picture of you flock is amazing. To anyone else.. it is just a bunch of chickens.. but to you.. you can tell them apart! It amazes folks that we can tell ours apart.. and it amazes me that they can't!! [​IMG]

Nice birds.

love the baby quail too!

8. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    It's very apparent they we're extremely well cared for..........reminiscing is good for the soul.

God Bless.

9. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    That's how I feel (even though it's only been 6 months) when I look at the pics of what got me started: 10 little chicks from the feed store. Now I have 85. Good Lord, why did He have to put chickens on the planet??? LOL!!! Beautiful birds!!!

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sam, I remember your flock very well. I've lost two hens plus Hawkeye this year and it's been awful. Another hen is on her way to that Great Roost in the Sky, too. It's hard to lose them, but they give us such joy when they're here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by