REMINDER - Please put the state in the subject line of your posts

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by allen wranch, Aug 12, 2007.

1. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    When the state is in the subject line it makes it easier to locate birds in a particular area. Everyone is not interested in shipping and local birds are a good draw.

Also, please indicate the actual "subject" in the subject line. "Beautiful silkie hens for sale CA", instead of "Awsome, take a look", is more helpful to everyone reading the posts.

Thanks all...

2. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Thought this needs to be bumped!

3. debashan

debashan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Oquawka, IL
    I don't know what post this reminder could be referring to, I'm not selling anything. could someone tell me how to fill in the subject line, I don't see that anywhere? My city and state is on my posts. Thanx, Debbie

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It is referring to people who are posting in the Buy, sell, trade, and giveaway section. It requests that when a post is made, the subject of the post, or the title, says what they are selling and their location. A greater description will make it easier for both the buyer and seller.

5. debashan

debashan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Oquawka, IL
    Okay, I thought it specific to me , for some reason. I got confused. Thanx for explaining.

6. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Bumping up, I see alot of the posts do not contain the state location in the subject line.
    Maybe a note to the posters when they post and do not include state will be a reminder for next time?
    Sure would make it soooo much easier for folks looking as mentioned here.

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Bump

8. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Mrs. AK-BB here...
    I believe that if someone forgets to post the state or breed in the subject line, they can go back to their original post to update the subject header, too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  9. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    That is correct.

Hit the Edit button in the right lower corner of the post to change anything.

10. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    It would be so nice, if everyone would fill out their profiles, there has been many times when they dont put their state in their post, I go to their proflie to see where they are from and they have NOTHING in it. Just my thoughts, Thanks.........ed.........Portland, IN...............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by