Remodeling - a light at the end of the tunnell

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pbjmaker, Sep 4, 2009.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    We started an addition on our house June 6th and also gutted our itty bitty kitchen to make it bigger. Well my husband has started laying the ceramic tile and then all we have left is trim and installing the cabinets and the kitchen sink, appliances.
    I haven't had a kitchen sink since July and that is what I am most excited to have back.

Just thought I'd share some pictures of the tile job my hubby is doing. He does pretty good for not being a professional.

Feel free to share your stories of remodels [​IMG]

Kitchen Area:
    [​IMG]

View of my yard and coop out the new window(kind of weedy - focus was on house this summer):

[​IMG]

The main part of the dining room:
    [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Nice job! [​IMG]

One of my coworkers remodelled his kitchen last year, and told us about every agonizing detail. If I lived closer, I could probably come and supervise y'all!

[​IMG]

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Nice tile. Having survived many DIY fix-it ups, I can say:
    A light at the end of the tunnel means...

...you found which wall cavity you dropped the flashlight into...

4. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    SB you crack me up! [​IMG]

You don't know how many times the phrase "Where's the D*** (fill in tool of choice) now!!! " has been uttered in the last several months. Usually it's the flashlight or the tape measure gone astray.

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] doing a great job by the look of things!... can't wait for the next set of pics.... move over Ty Pennington!

6. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    AND pretty much everything except the framing, drywall and paint is from the Habitat for Humanity Restore.

I LOVE that place.

English chick - Do you have anything like that in the UK? It is an organization that builds homes for low income people. They still have to pay for the home but at a much lower rate, etc.

Businesses donate extra building materials or individuals do when they do a remodel. Anything you buy there is tax free and the money goes to help build another home.

(not sure if you were familiar with the organization)

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Not that I know of ... but their are housing trusts here which "go halves" with people trying to buy their own home.... ie the trust owns half and the first timers own half.......

8. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Ooh I love the tile!

My husband and I remodeled our bathroom a few months ago. The only thing we didn't replace was the floor. We did everything ourselves, so it didn't cost us much, but I was so glad to be able to shower in my own house when we were done.

9. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Looks awesome! Hope you got finished today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by