1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Removing Egg Racks from Turner???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GracefulBantams, Mar 3, 2008.

1. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Is there a way to remove the Universal Egg Racks from this (<---Click) turner?

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Yeah, I'd like to know how to do it without disturbing the other racks. When I was playing with it in the begining, I'd remove a rack and the rest would fall out also. [​IMG]

3. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Oh my! :eek: That can't be good! [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Mine just pop right out. Push it all the way in one direction that it will go and then pop it out on the curved neck side. Careful not to break the peg that holds it in. I just had to put one of mine back in when I cleaned it after my weekend hatch..

5. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Really! [​IMG]
    Do you have this exact turner (the 1611 Hova-Bator one)?

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Mine had cotter pins holding in some of the racks, make sure you remove those before trying to take the rack out. [​IMG]

7. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    I just had to put one of mine back in when I cleaned it after my weekend hatch..

You hatch your chicks out on the turner?

I remove the turner on day 18, put down a few layers of cheese cloth & lay the eggs on their side, air sac end slightly elevated.​

8. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks, but I just can't get it to work!! I tried and tried, then I was worried that I was letting the incubator get too cold, so I just put the rack back in (I had one side out, and half of the other). Why can I not get take out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by