1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

removing lice eggs!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chichek, Nov 18, 2013.

1. chichek

chichek Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    we got a hen a few months ago and she had lice, I dusted her and now she doesn't have any lice (thank goodness!) buut, she still has a lot of dead eggs, im saying dead because she doesn't have lice and those eggs ave just been there, I tried to cut some but theyr very clumped together, anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove? I read some stuff about extra virgin coconut oil and skin so soft lotion (don't really know if its a specific brand or not) if anyone has any other idea's it would bee very much appreciated! thanks heaps

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    How long ago did you dust her? They normally suggest a second dusting as the eggs aren't killed and will eventually hatch.

3. chichek

chichek Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    I dusted her quite alot, maybe 4 or 5 times? I checked her today still no lice but the eggs are clumped together and no sign of hatching from what I can see, but I really hope they don't hatch.. and its been a few months since iv dusted her, maybe 3 or 4 months

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by