removing silverware marks on plates

Chickn chick 46

Songster
10 Years
May 22, 2009
Not sure once again if this is the right place for this question, but this has been bugging me for awhile. I can't remove the silver knife marks on my white ceramic and corelle ware plates. I'm begining to think they are a permanent mark on the plates and will never be removed. I've tried baking soda without luck. The marks don't seem to have broken through the glaze at all so I can't figure it out
idunno.gif

Any ideas? Or is it hopeless

Ooooh, I know how you feel. It's not life or death, but it sure is annoying!

Since it's not fine china, how about trying a little soft scrub type stuff on one of each? It probably won't hurt the Corelle, not sure about the ceramic.
As another resort, call Corelle- whoever makes it- you can probably find an 800 number online.

Thanks for the tip. The ceramic plates are alot worse off than the corelle, which only has a few marks, maybe the soft scrub would work. The ceramic plates are nothing special maybe I'll try it on the them also.

I'll email corelle and see if they have any suggestion, Thx

Have you tried a paste of baking soda and scrubbing gently with one of those scrubbers meant for ceramic stovetops?

Or even trying the ceramic stovetop cleaners? They are very gentle and I use that on my sink instead of cleanser.

Back
Top Bottom