Removing Ultra agressive hens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by columbiacritter, Jul 20, 2010.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    I removed two completely EVIL Wyandotte hens from my flock. Yeah I know Wyanndottes are supposed to be nice, but I got three that would be locked up in an asylum for the violently insane if they were people. I got durned tired of them ganging p on everyone so Sunday night I snagged two of them out of the coop and they went into the freezer.

I was a little worried there would be a big disruption in the pecking order and the rest of the grils would all start fighting again. My husband said the rest would all gang up on the last wyandotte and beat the snot out of her.

Yesterday they all seem a little spooked like they were worried where the evil hens were and when they were going to attack. This morning I swear there was so much happy clucking when they all piled out of the coop without having to wait for the Dottes to saunter out first. My smalles and most abused hen was actually runnign around grabbing snacks instead of perching high on the roosts to aviod everyone. I'm sure there will be a few shoving matches as they find new places in the heirarchy, but so far they just seem relieved.

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Hmmmmmmmmm .. freezer camp for evil hens .. funny I've never thought of that ..

3. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:Works wonders on Nasty roosters too.

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Yep .. but I 've never considered a hen .. lol .... this could change everything. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by