Remy Dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by 2cool4you, Nov 4, 2011.

1. 2cool4you

2cool4you Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2010
    This is Remy.
    He's a Catahoula Leopard Dog.
    He's now 1 year and 4 months old.

He's been a pain, a joy, and a dear. And he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Yup I love my dog. But the best thing is that I am so proud of my Remy Dog. Because we've been struggling with his recall for months. He just would get it in his head he wasn't coming back and he would take off. So for months we've been struggling through, some with Trainers, some with JamieDog Trainer trying to help and some with me just about to strangle him and rip his ears off. But finally he's been getting it and proved himself because at the dog park he was running around playing and I called him and he stopped on a dime and immediately trotted to my side sat down and waited looking up at me. Not once, but 10 times I stopped him off and on through his playing and chasing and called him and everytime an immediate response. I tell ya it brought tears to my eyes. I'm so proud of my boy. We've worked so hard and now he's finally proven that he can be trusted and I don't have to worry so much if someone leaves the gate open.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    He is beautiful
    How did you get the second picture like that with the white back ground?

3. 2cool4you

2cool4you Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2010
    The white background is a photographer screen. i had his pics professionally done.

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    He's beautiful! I love his eyes -- one blue and one brown.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Great looking dog! It's very satisfying when they finally get it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by