1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ren-O-Sal tablets

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Poohbear, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Would everyone look at your local feed store and see if they have "Ren-O-Sal" tablets for chickens on their shelf? They stopped making it some time ago and I can't find it anymore. Maybe some of the older feedstores in your area will have some. It's OK if the date is expired. Doesn't matter if it has been inside. It comes in a small white bottle label REN-O-Sal. I would be happy to pay cost and shipping on it to get some for my babie chickens before I run out this year. Thank you. Just e-mail me on this site if you find some. (look on the back of the shelf in the dusty areas too).

2. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    I haven't seen any- nor do I really know what it's for-- only that when I ordered from Ideal their shipping letter specifically said they did not recommend using it. Hope you can find some if ou like it, but it sounds like it was out of date/production for a reason.

3. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Yes, like everything else that worked, it was removed from the shelves. I only used it on chickens for about 50 years. Couldn't have been much good I suppose. Some Nut probably ate some of it and it killed him/her. That's enough to have something taken off the shelves these days. Lawsuits avoid personal responsibilities.

4. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I will look at my feed store...what does it look like? What is it used for?

ETA: Never mind...I just went back and re-read it...small white bottle [​IMG] Guess I should pay attention...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  5. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    I seen a puppy die once from drinking out of chicks water that was treated with Ren-O-Sal..3-Nitro-W has taken the Ren-O-Sal tablets place, and not sure if i'ts still on the market..Roxarsone(Phenylarsonic Acid) which is a Arsenical Compound(same as Ren-O-Sal and 3 Nitro) is still available to commercial growers as a feed additive..The Ren-O-Sal tablets were very effective against coccidiosis and for promoting growth, But I stopped using them after the puppy accident.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by