Renamed the rooster.........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mistylady, Oct 31, 2008.

1. mistylady

mistylady Songster

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I let the boys (2 cute 11 week old Doms) out in the coop while the big hens were outside so the boys could fluff and roll. They bounded out of the cage and looked at each other like they were mortal enemies. Then the fight started! It was horrible! The puffed up and flapped and scratched and screamed at each other until one pecked the other into putting his head down and they stopped fighting. Then Roo-roo, my usually sweet lovey rooster decided I was next. His name is now Punt the rooster. Score is currently Mommy- 1, Punt - 0. [​IMG] And he is fine! He shook it off and went and sat on the roost.

Just thought I'd share!

2. miron28

miron28 Songster

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] that poor little rooster! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh man!! Did he charge you? I mean charge AT you??? HAHAHAHA!

4. americana-chick

americana-chick Songster

Jun 18, 2008
    i have been having troubles with my porcelain d'uccle roo charging at me.. he never wins!

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member 10 Years

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ha ha ha! Punt! I love it. [​IMG]

Mama's gotta show 'em who's boss.

6. weloveourchicks

weloveourchicks Songster

Sep 15, 2008
    Virginia
    We have a brown leg horn rooster (Elvis) that has decided he wants to charge my son - - I was finally out there when he did it and I think he'll think twice before he does it again. [​IMG]

7. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Songster

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    It won't stop-you will have to put him in his place regularly. Just yesterday my 6 mo. old SLW cockerel took a run at me, so I chased him until I wore him out, carried him upside-down into the house, and he watched morning news with me for about half an hour while I petted him, much to his displeasure. I know that in a month or so, I will have to do it all over again. He's a good flock leader, so as long as I can keep him behaving, I will.

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Crowing Premium Member

Rte.66_chicks :

carried him upside-down into the house, and he watched morning news with me for about half an hour while I petted him, much to his displeasure.

Ah yes... Kip was just with me the other day, sitting in the office!​

9. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Songster

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    That's a hilarious mental image! Punt... [​IMG]

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Rte.66_chicks :

I chased him until I wore him out, carried him upside-down into the house, and he watched morning news with me for about half an hour while I petted him, much to his displeasure.

I have to do ths to DBF every once in a while to remind him that I will not accept unfinished chores. He hates NPR.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by