Renewable energy powered and organic Hatchery

green-line

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
How many out there would purchase chicks and products from a hatchery that is powered with green technology such as wind and solar, raises organic breeding stock, and has free range breeding stock? This means happier hens and roo's. Tell me what you think of this idea!

I definitely like the idea. Sounds expensive for the breeder though, which means the chicks would have to be pretty pricey. But if you could cut down on feed expenses, this would be great!

I like your profile image!
I have a great relationship with this very local organic feed mill that supplies McMurray Hatchery here in Iowa.
Through talking with the owner if the breeder buys in bulk she can cut feed prices down by 40%, That translates into a price per chick of about $3.50, very competitive with large hatcheries like McMurray. If you add on the savings by only using green power and not buying electricity from the utility I can cut down prices even further. I am looking at Pas Reform incubators as well which are very efficient and saves the heat. That can translate into even more savings in the long haul. Do you have any ideas that could further this project? I am looking at getting an idea of what the market potential is with this idea and need to get some "faux" orders in to get an idea of the market!
Thanks!

I like your profile image!
I have a great relationship with this very local organic feed mill that supplies McMurray Hatchery here in Iowa.
Through talking with the owner if the breeder buys in bulk she can cut feed prices down by 40%, That translates into a price per chick of about $3.50, very competitive with large hatcheries like McMurray. If you add on the savings by only using green power and not buying electricity from the utility I can cut down prices even further. I am looking at Pas Reform incubators as well which are very efficient and saves the heat. That can translate into even more savings in the long haul. Do you have any ideas that could further this project? I am looking at getting an idea of what the market potential is with this idea and need to get some "faux" orders in to get an idea of the market!
Thanks!

Thanks! I am working on a website right now and last night i did some work on demographics! Looks like this idea may be a big one!

Back
Top Bottom