Rent-A-Rooster? Hamps or RIR

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Tom Sturdivant, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Sturdivant

    Tom Sturdivant Chirping

    Dec 27, 2011
    I would like to get stud service for my Barred Rock hen with a Hamps (prefered) or a RIR to take the first step towards a Hamps/Bar (or RIR/Bar).

    I live in Clinton, TN

    Is there anyone close that can help make this happen? I will share offspring if you're interested.

  2. speckledhen

    speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

    Trust me, you don't want to do that. It's a disease nightmare. And hens will not just accept any old rooster. They may hurt the rooster. He could be carrying a disease and not show it and pass that to the hen. Better to buy hatching eggs from someone.

    If you decide you want that, you need to place an ad in Buy/Sell/Trade as a Want to Buy Ad which is the proper place for this, not in the local area threads, but I seriously advise against it.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by