Reoccurring Leg Problem

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MMorganE, Jul 7, 2016.

1. MMorganE

MMorganE Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Lily has always had a hop. Not really able to walk since birth, but hopped better than a rabbit.
    Long story short...she is 5 months old. We went though a period about 2 months ago where I thought she would for sure pass away. She couldn't fully stand, put weight or walk on her left leg. After a week of intensive recovery and a very high protein diet, she recovered. Every now and then after that, she would trip up and fall or kinda favor a single leg. But got around so well that I gave her run of the backyard.
    Then it happened again. Only now it is the right leg. She cannot stand on it and it goes every which away infront and behind her. Shes eatting well and drinking. Is it possible that me taking her off the high protein diet and placing her back on a normal chicken scratch diet did this?
    What could this reoccurring issue be??!! And switching legs....weird.

2. MMorganE

Apr 20, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Actually I was wrong in my first written line. She actually chose to hop. When she wanted, she could walk just fine. Only had a little waddle-thing in her step. Either way, she was getting around normally.

3. MMorganE

Apr 20, 2016
    Austin, TX
    @Eggcessive
    @Wyorp Rock

You two have always been so great with this kind of stuff. Please help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by