repainting a china cabinet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Oct 6, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    This cabinet was made by my husbands grandpa on his dad's side. We use it in the kitchen for a pantry. I want it black or red but my husband is freaking out over that [​IMG] What color do you think we should paint it?

If we paint it the colors I mentioned it won't match the kitchen for a while till it is redone. The walls have some ugly white w/blue floral wall paper and the cabinets need redone. I will eventually get all new appliances and not sure on the floor it is fairly new and looks pretty good still.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    If it's going to be a while till the kitchen is done just paint it something that matches what you have. We painted the china cabinet my mother gave me white to match our table and it gave it a whole new life.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Depends on how long you think it will be before you re-do your kitchen...
    If its going to be a while, i'd paint it to match the kitchen you have now. And hten you can always re-paint the hutch again later on to match the new kitchen...

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Here is what color we painted the cabinet so far and I have the new hardware for the doors. I got that in brushed nickle. I will repost a pic once that is on....I hope it looks good with that hardware. I like the way the paint turned out though. :)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by