Repairing sportsman 1500 question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ebonyann, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ebonyann

ebonyann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Fruita, CO
    OK, so my moms sprtsman incubator has been running great all summer, so of course when I borrow it for a while to hatch some late year chicks, it HAS to have a problem. I went to bed one night and was listening to it run when I heard the turner kick on. That was fine, but then as I listened I realized the turner was not shutting off. So I had to finish out the rest off the incubation by flipping the switch on every few hours and waiting till it got to the other side before shutting it back off. So the question is, is there a timer seperate from the turner motor that I will have to replace or is the timer built in and will I be forced to replace the whole turner motor? Also, who knows of the best place to buy the needed part at for the best price? Thanks for your help

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

My husband is the electrician and he is at work right now, but I do know if you go to GQF's website you can get the wiring diagrams and order parts from there. We get all our parts from a local feed store so you may have luck there too.

3. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    The best thing to do is contact them.You can call them or e-mail them.They will help you. Here is a link to their website.Good luck.

www.gqfmfg.com

4. ebonyann

ebonyann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Fruita, CO
    Our local feed store is full of wussies, I swear. Most of them won't even own chickens, let alone have parts for incubators. I will have to try gqf, as long as their site is not to much for my computer to handle, this thing is literally an antique at 10 years old [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by