A few days ago, my pullet had a prolapsed vent after laying her first egg. Since then, I've been treating her with Preparation H, Vetricyn, and manual replacement of the prolapse. I've had to help her replace the tissue 3 times now, over 4 days. I found two paper eggs in the roost - probably hers, since everyone else seems to be making it to the nest. After she prolapsed again this morning, I pulled her inside, and will be withholding food, and providing clean water and liquid calcium. I might try a sling. I'm wondering how long I wait to make the call... I'm not sure what is considered a "severe" case, or how I'll know if she's recovered or if she will never recover. I don't want this girl to suffer, walking around with her insides on the outside her whole life! Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.