1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Replacement Chicks from MMH/ Breed questions?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hawkster318, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hawkster318

Hawkster318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2007
    North Freedom Wisconsin
    We just picked up the replacements sent out by MMH (21 total). There is one breed (5 sent ~ these could be the ones used as fillers???) ) in particular that we were wondering about. The heads are a reddish/brown (1st and 2nd pictures below...) Any help is appreciated. We had ordered the Ornamental Layer Collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then there are these ones...

[​IMG]

(Buff??) Cochin , I know the picture is fuzzy. It is more yellow than the next girl.

[​IMG]

(Buff Laced???) Polish,could almost be White Polish, but I think they have darker areas around the eyes.

Thank you all again.

2. MNKris

MNKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    That first one looks like Woody Woodpecker [​IMG]

3. Hawkster318

Hawkster318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2007
    North Freedom Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, I got some clearer pics of the unknowns. I sent some pics of to MMH as well, they said they may be able to tell us, haven't heard anything back yet.

TIA

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    The above chick is a Egyptian Fayoumi. They are a very beautiful bird! And the other two are probably a Buff Cochin and buff laced polish. Cant really tell by the pic...could be a white polish.
    Good Luck with them!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by