1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Replacing a favorite toy?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kara_leigh, Jul 2, 2011.

1. kara_leigh

kara_leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Bradleyville, MO
    Has your dog ever had a favorite toy? One of our puppies LOVES toys, especially ones that squeak. She is especially attatched to this one toy, and she would carry it around everywhere, lick it, sleep with it, etc. Recently, though, she destroyed it. I don't think we could find her one of the same as we got it in the clearance section of a specialty pet store. Has anyone had success replacing a favorite "baby" with something completely different? I suppose I could let her continue to carry around a snotty animal with no stuffing (but still has stuffed feet) but I'd rather not b/c it is really gross! lol

2. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I wouldn't be too concerned about it. just toss it and let her get attached to a new toy. Dogs aren't quite a picky about their "security blanket" toys as human kids are.

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I suppose I could let her continue to carry around a snotty animal with no stuffing

[​IMG] at my house they are just getting broken in at that point! Actually I do know what you mean. My boxer has a favorite pig that grunts when he squeezes it. That toy is so nasty now. [​IMG] I keep bringing home new ones, but this is the one he sleeps with. To him gross is good...lol​

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Quote:lol I WISH that were true!! Rayden has only ever "loved" one stuffed animal. A big mouse-looking thing that my mother bought him for Christmas. Over the years, we went through 4 of them until Wal-mart stopped selling them. Anything else, he destroys. That one, he would carry around everywhere. Drove my husband crazy because I'd say "Rayden, where's your woobie??" and he'd run and get it.

Our second GSD Freya (RIP) was attached to this "motion ball" that played "Who let the dogs out" when you moved it. It was the first toy she'd ever seen (she was 2 when we got her) and that was the only thing she ever played with the entire time we had her. We had to put her down a bit over a year later.

5. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    oh, try a Skinnz toy (think that is the brand name) they are made with no stuffing. Singe's favorite is one that you put a plastic water bottle inside. When it gets crushed up, just replace with a new bottle. It finally died - after 6 months of GSD puppy play. That includes tug with Rayden, who weighs almost 90 lbs. That is a record around here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by