REPORT ANIMAL ABUSE! ALWAYS!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickenfan4life, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    We used to have a neighbor who had a German Shepherd X and he kept it in a tiny kennel. It wore a choke collar too small for it's neck, it's kennel was full of poop, and it's water bowl had algae in it.

The dog was horribly mistreated. The man threw rocks at him when he barked, of whipped him with ropes or small chains. He only fed him every three days. He was trying to make the dog an aggressive attack/guard dog, but the dog was just too sweet.

I felt bad for the dog, and decided to try and help it.

So, I waited for the owner to leave for work, and then I snuck over to see the dog. I found out his name was Grammar. (what kind of name is that?!) I brought food food for Grammar whenever I could. I pet him, and hugged him. I told him that, even if no one else did, I loved him.

One day, the man decided he was going to move. He packed everything up, including Grammar, and he left.

I would like to say that this story ends happily, and Grammar gets a new home. But, alas, he took Grammar with him, and to this day, I wonder what became of that sweet, sweet dog, and wonder why I didn't report the cruel man.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is make people realize how bad animal cruelty is, and to help them make the decision to report it. I wish now, more than ever, that I would have reported the mean man mistreating Grammar. Sadly, I didn't, and I can only hope that someone else cares for Grammar as much as I did.

Thank you for reading. Remember, if you think an animal is being abused, please report it to your local Humane Society, Animal Control, or Sheriff.

END ANIMAL ABUSE TODAY!

1 person likes this.
  2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    BTW, this is a 100% true story.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by