1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Reporting a bad advertised vendor?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by pawtraitart, Mar 7, 2012.

1. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Is there a way to report a very bad vendor that is being actively promoted on this site? I can't say enough bad things about ***name withheld***. I got the link from BYC and oh boy was sending them money for an incubator a mistake. What is an appropriate action to warn fellow BYC members? It's scary that such an awesome place like BYC is sending them business. I'm not the first to complain about them, either.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Honestly I would remove their name for a moment, but then post a 'blow by blow' account of what happened.

Then I'd send them a polite letter of demand (snail mail and e-mail) including a link to this thread.

A good letter of demand states the problem and one or more reasonable solutions to make you happy.
    (send an incubator one step higher due to lack of communication and wait and I may conciser continuing to be a costumer, send back my money including shipping as nothing was shipped understanding that I will no longer be a customer.)

If you don't get satisfaction you let us all in on the bad egg.

3. FireTigeris

PMing you a letter of complaint

4. FireTigeris

Just got off the phone with them:

Seems like your delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and you have an e-mail tracking number.

5. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Okay, so I ordered an incubator from this company after clicking on the link found on BYC. No word from this company until the following Friday when I received an email saying that my order had been shipped. Great! I was happy until I noticed that the fed-ex confirmation number was for an order going to somebody else in a different state. I then called.....got voicemail....tried again the next day...got voicemail....emailed......no reply. I let the weekend pass by until yesterday when I filed a dispute with paypal. This morning, I get an email saying that my incubator has shipped and I should get it tomorrow. I got a 2nd email.....right after the one saying that it shipped....that the incubator I ordered is on back-order and they don't know when they will receive another shipment from the manufacturer. Say what??? These people don't know what they are doing and should NOT be promoted by BYC. A phone call....or somebody to answer the phone would be nice.

6. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Yes, it does appear that I now have a tracking number. My point is.....their customer service is terrible. If it arrives tomorrow, then great. I hope nothing is wrong with it because I don't want to have to deal with this company ever again.

7. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Oh, and I received an email right before those two that said "credit memo"...for less than the amount I paid. These folks need to get organized. I JUST got an email saying that they didn't need to credit me. Right....if they have shipped my order...why did I get somebody else's tracking number, then a credit memo, then a new tracking number, and then a backorder notice, and then an email saying there was no credit necessary? Gah!!!

8. FireTigeris

Let us know step by step what happened so we can decide its one ditzy person in the office or all of them or just a fluke?

Sounded like two people run the whole thing... not sure.

9. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    The sales rep is Jackie. She has sent all of the emails with replies in them. I have no way of knowing who sent the auto-generated ones. I never got anybody on the phone.

1) Placed order
    2) Emailed to inquire on ship date. No big deal. Just saw it still said "processing"
    3) Received reply that it took 5 days to process an order
    4) Received an email with an incorrect tracking number (was for somebody else's order)
    5) Called & left message to see why I received the wrong information. Emailed a reply to credit memo email. Called again. No answer.
    6) Requested that the order be cancelled and my money refunded if it wasn't going to be sent. Starting to get nervous about my money at this point.
    7) Waited a day - no reply
    8) March 7th - Filed a dispute with paypal
    9) March 7th - Received an email later that afternoon titled "credit memo" which had an incorrect amount on it. I assumed they were refunding my purchase....sort of.
    10) March 8th....a) 8:04am received a message through the paypal system that my order had been shipped. Correct looking tracking number in memo.
    b) 9:06am received an email reply saying that my incubator was on backorder and they didn't know when it would be available
    c) 11:53am received an email reply saying that no credit was due for my purchase

10. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    If I receive my incubator and there are no problems with it, all is well. I will NEVER order ANYTHING from this company ever again. I think I'll stick with my tried and true sources from now on. It's worth paying a bit more for peace of mind and proper service. Live and learn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by