Reprieved....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mommto3kiddos, Apr 14, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    So when I first got my batch of TSC chicks we discovered 2 were Cornish X.. I gave them to my dad b/c I knew I would get attatched and not be able to cull them when the time came! So hes had them for 6 weeks & came over last night to help move our huge coop from the workshop to the yard & I was telling him how we went alittle bigger incase we wanted more chicks.. He goes on and on about how the two he has are so sweet and run to him when they see him in the yard.. Oh and then informs me that hes bringing them back to me b/c hes sure they will lay eggs.. [​IMG] I know they will lay, but they were for meat.. I guess the chicks got to both of us & now will be back in the "Hen House"...

My question is, whats the best way to intigrate 2 hens that are the same age as my other 6 back all together?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. macadam8157

macadam8157 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    NC, Raleigh
    Put them in a cage inside your run with your other birds for about a week so they can see each other and get used to each other w/o being able to get at each other and spar. Then after a week or so early in the morning when you go to change there water or what not make a bunch of noise as to startle them all and let the caged ones go and put out one of there favorite treats or something they like. This will deter them from fighting right away they'll be more focused on the food. [​IMG]

3. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Awesome thanks!! They use to tower my TT & RSL girls, but at 6 weeks everyone is kinda catching up, but Im still nervous as they are built more "stout" than my girls.. I have a small wire dog cage that I will use to do as you described [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  4. macadam8157

macadam8157 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    NC, Raleigh
    [​IMG] Best of luck!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by