1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Reptile Gourmet ...it's safe to look non-snake'y people ;)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Aneesa's Muse, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I was grilling up some food for the humans that live here ..me and the DH.... and I remembered setting aside some of the ground meat for my "bug eaters"

[​IMG]
    ..so I tossed the chicken and some "turkey" figs on

There's still some residue from our food, but it's not enough to hurt my lizards or tortoise.

I went out back and grabbed some greens and edible flowers from Joob's enclosure ...dandelions (both greens and blooms), violas, mustards, collards, beet greens, marrow..... chopped that all up and added a few pieces of sweet red peppers to Hugo's plate cuz he LOVES sweet peppers!

[​IMG]
    This one is for Tank, my Bluey ...err, Blue tongued skink ..he's still growing and needs a lot more meat

[​IMG]
    Two plates like this one ..one with sweet peppers and meat for Hugo (my Beardie) ....one without peppers or meat for Tandoor (my Uromastyx)

[​IMG]
    ...and one for Joob! [​IMG]

Thanks for lookin'!

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    thats cool...i love the plates...geeze mine only get dog and cat dishes...

3. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks!

I spoil my "kids" a little bit [​IMG]

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I love your title, since Im always the one posting snake pics! LOL.

Looks wonderful, I bet they love it. I love the tort too!

5. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks! My tortoise is very much like a pup dog ..she even sleeps on my DH's side of the bed (she's a free ranger, completely ...has her heat and stuff ..and she has a fully planted/edible enclosure outside).

Oh.. and I try to be mindful of folks that don't have the same affinity for reptiles, arachnids, etc. ..that I do. It's unfortunate, but phobias are serious business for some. [​IMG]

6. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG] I am in love with your tortise.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i want a tortise!!....i would love to have one free range in my house!!....but i have cats and dogs..so..[​IMG]..i guess i cant get one!!![​IMG]..how how is she?..how big will she get?...Wendy

8. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    that food actually looks really good!

Wanna fix me a plate? [​IMG]

9. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks.. she's a Red Foot Tortoise ...originally from Brazil. She will get in the 9" - 15" range, hopefully ...as she was not treated well before I rescued her and she is very likely stunted. She's an omnivore, so meal times are very exciting with her ...she loves bugs and slugs/snails and poo [​IMG] ..yes, poo! ...and she also loves her greens and flowers (my Hibiscus always look shaved down ... [​IMG] ) ...and anything ORANGE, like papaya or mango or steamed winter squashes and sweet potato ...she's a big fan of those!

She's always been a big ol' baby with us ...she enjoys lazy afternoon story time ..as she'll pile up on our chest and sprawl out her legs ...snoozin' and listenin' to us read aloud.

When I'm making the Zoo salads, she is usually at my feet ...bumping and nudging my ankles.. I take this to mean, hurry it up ...or this is her way of lovin' on me (much like a cat would do).

Joob is definitely fun! [​IMG]

10. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Aneesa's Muse :

Thanks!

I spoil my "kids" a little bit [​IMG]

Good for you and the turtle! Pets should be spoiled! [​IMG]
    I have never heard of turtles having free roam of a house before. Do they have a certain area where they use the bathroom like a litter box or something?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by