reptile people, need advice! **pics**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by roosters97, Jul 1, 2008.

1. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    I'm going to breed my leo and need advice (leopard gecko)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I have a leo, Salvatore. I'm a novice and don't plan to breed him (but I'd like to!) But I have a book called "Your Happy Healthy pet: How to care for your leopard gecko" and in it it says something about artificial summer or something. [​IMG] Sorry I can't help more!

High-five, other leopard-gecko-person!!!

3. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    yeah,I don't look crazy,mines a female and it says she has to be 50 grams before breeding.

4. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    [​IMG]

poor cricket! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    any one else have a leo?

6. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
  7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    ooooh, is he a tangerine? Salva's a jungle type, not really sure, his spots are sort of joined, but not all of them... sweetest boy... here's a pic...
    [​IMG]

My parents gave him to me for Christmas from some breeders who needed to get rid of him. He was supposed to be a girl and he fought with the other male. But he's here now, and happy... YAY!

8. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I havent tried to breed my leopards and likely wont, there are way to many in pet stores as it is , but your choice if you want to , they are fairly easy to breed , just need the correct humidity , heat, and nesting materials.. suggestion would be to look on line for correct breeding instructions.
    I also have a Sahvana monitor, a Ball Python, Grass Keets fish tanks, a ferret and a rabbit in house.
    oops for got about the Madagascian Roaches.

9. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    I do not have one of those but I do have a chinese water dragon that also loves crickets. Ours is about 4 months old and is growing very fast. It is time for a bigger tank. Looking for a used 55 gallon. Good luck with the breeding. We might try to bread ours someday.

10. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I feed mostly crickets too, ocasionally I give him mealworms (more often they go to the chickens). I feel no sympathy for either bug. I love Salva too much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by