Reputable dealer?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jgconnor, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jgconnor

jgconnor Out Of The Brooder

2. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    Yes they are. I ordered from them and they even rushed my order. Good service. Chicks arrived on date expected and I love them!!

The only thing is that if dont live in a city you have to buy 8 chicks. I was able to change my address to my son's in Boston the day they shipped. The post office was so excited when they got the box. Everyone there was smiling- they had never had an order of chickens before.

3. jgconnor

jgconnor Out Of The Brooder

Starting with 8 is not a problem. might just start with a dozen. Thanks so much![​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I've ordered through Mypetchicken and Meyer Hatchery with no issues whatsoever. Customer service is excellent and never any gender problems.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have ordered successfully and with good outcomes from Mypetchicken.com and McMurray Hatchery.

I liked both hatcheries and would order from them both again.

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Oh and one more thing- if you don't order the 25 minimum- I would ask whatever hatchery whether they will be using roosters as packing peanuts to keep the others warm (unless you want free roos).

This didn't happen to me, but I heard it has happened to some people- I don't remember which hatcheries.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by