Request - Pictures at day 17-18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Laurelm, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Laurelm

Laurelm Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    San Diego County
    Hi - I am getting ready to lockdown as you all say (this is my first time) and I am pretty sure that due to temp variations that not many of eggs will hatch. Which will make me real sad!

If someone has some pictures of what an egg candled at days 17 or 18 should look like will you please attach?

I realize the chick should take up most of the egg. I really can't tell on the green eggs what is going on but on the white ones I just see an air sac and a somewhat large dark circle but no eye, veins or movement. Still I don't understand how the darkish circle is getting bigger. But believe me my hopes are not up!

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate your expertise and feedback.

This is so stressful!!!

2. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    good luck, its fun!!!! mine started hatching yesterday....im a first timer also...Ive learned so much in here...I know to candle with the egg on its side...I had posted all these articles I had found on candling....cant find them now, there in thsi forum...do a search or maybe if u find my name it will show every post I did????

3. cluck-addict

cluck-addict Songster

May 31, 2009
    MN
    you turn the bator off for the last days????? I thought you just stopped turning?

Never mind... its says bator turner.......I thought it said bator turned.

Wow I'm getting old [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: