1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Requesting assistance with a profile page for county 4-H poultry project

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by possumblossum, Feb 5, 2013.

1. possumblossum

possumblossum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Blount Co., TN
    Good evening. Our county extension officer has asked me to be the parent volunteer leading up our county 4-H poultry project this year. Our first meeting will be on 2/26/13 and most of the 38 families are brand new to chickens. I want to set up a profile page or something similar through BYC to be the information center for the project. What is my best path forward?

Thanks,
    Justin Davis

2. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    It actually might work better to do it as a Facebook page.

Go to Facebook, and in the search field enter the words "4H Chickens". I just did that and found pages for seven different 4H chicken groups. Look at their pages for ideas, see if you think any of those ideas will work for you. You could also search for "raising chickens", "community chicken" , "urban chickens" or other such terms, to find many more such community based group Facebook pages.

Remember, plagerism is the highest form of flattery. [​IMG] So, if you see a page design or concept you like, use it as an inspiration.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

You can create a BYC page / article in the Member Pages section of the site and then link to that from your forum signature.

From there people can comment on that page, and if you want more discussion you can create a thread in the forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by