requesting test eggs-central florida area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChicknJ, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    Hi guys, I have been cooped up in the house too long because of this tropical storm [​IMG]
    I got my still air LG bator up and running, seems to be holding temps fairly well. I am ready to -GULP- jump in. Now shoot, no eggs. Does anybody have fertile eggs in the central Florida area I could pick up? I just don't want to push my luck for the first time and mail-order eggs till I get a grip on this. I am willing to pay for and drive for them, just haven't been lucky enough to hook up with any local chickeneers. My dream chickens are d'uccles, but that can wait till I am proficient in this hatching thing, thanks in advance for any help with my new addiction.
    J

2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I am in Gainesville and have some eggs coming in from Bugladyleah on either Saturday or Monday. There are some EE's and some Mille Fleur D'uccles in the box...don't know how many of each. I would be willing to share with you, but you just need to know that they ARE shipped eggs to me. That may be too far to travel for you.

3. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Where are you located in Central Fl. I have cayugas, and pheonix and courtinx quail and some standards cochin when they lay. let me know. I am in bushnell. I can do a mix..

[​IMG]

4. ChicknJ

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    wow, you guys are the best...of course , most chicken peeps are. Oldtimegator... A lady I spoke to earlier highly reccomended bugladleah's eggs, so yeaahhh for you, I so appreciate your offer, but I want to take the shipped factor out of my first try... I am such a wimp [​IMG] , I live in NW Volusia county, about 60 miles east of Ocala. I forgot how big this state is.... Ladybug...I googled Bushnell, you are like 2 hours for me, but the thought of the phoenix awe me. If I get good luck with eggs, I may be knocking on your door in the future. Thank you both again. I had a lady from craigslist offer me some good ol RIR eggs, so I wont feel completely crushed if I mess this up totally. [​IMG] I;ll cry on alls shoulders and keep you updated...J

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:That's exactly what I would do. Get some locally and give it a try. That's what we did before venturing into more expensive shipped eggs. Depending on how many d'uccles I have hatch, I may have some chick to share.

6. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Anytime Chicknj. Just let me know. I have silver & golden Pheonix and Sumataras. Just let me know. COngrats on the local eggs and good luck with them.

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Im in Ocala. All my guys are in one pen right now;all I am getting right now is EE eggs with my Blue Rock roo. A friend of mine did a test hatch that hatched about 2 weeks ago; she got a great hatch. If that would interest you, let me know.

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Hi, I'm in Spring Hill, just south of Brooksville. I have eggs. I have WCBP/BLP cross, really cute and docile. I also have WCBP crossed with Jersey Giants, Buff Orpington, an Ameraucana. I've only bred the polish/polish, but the others are fertile.

9. ChicknJ

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    Halo, I sent you a pm, you are close enough to me to run over and back on a school day. Seminolewind, please tell me if you have pic's anywhere of the WCBP/Jersey giants? I think that would be a hoot. I am a newbie here, but absolutely humbled and thankful to all those that offered. Thank you all, and when I have BB fluffybutts ya'll will be the first ones to see em. [​IMG] J

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    [​IMG]

1 month old ?

[​IMG]

baby

[​IMG]

8 weeks, and a polish/polish cross

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by