Rescue Momma cat & kittens - New Pics Pg2!

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Some of you may have read my other post under "family life stories etc". My siamese went missing while i was away for the weekend and i have been very depressed without her. Someone called me abotut his girl and i called her owners to see what the situation was. Well, "Princess" was VERY pregnant & needed a new home ASAP. By the time we drove the 2hrs to pick her up she had already had 2 kittens and had a 3rd on the way home, later that night she finally had the last baby(4 total). She's been doing a great job as a first time mommy & she's just the sweetest cat.

I got an e-mail last night from a couple that found a litter of Orphaned Kittens on their neighbors porch(neighbor is in the hospital). Thankfully they were only about 20 mins from us so we met & picked all 4 up last night at about 11pm, lol. They look to be just under 2 weeks old, their eyes are just starting to open but they seem healthy besides the lack of food yesterday. They're hardly bigger than the 2 day old babies, i was kind of saddened when i saw them all together, just so tiny.

I have a kitten bottle & stuff but i was really hoping "Princess" would take them, she Definitely had plenty of milk! well we slowly slid them in with hers last night and she growled a little but then started cleaning them.. OH HAPPY DAY!! i was SO relieved! They're all doing very good this morning but 1 of the orange tabbies is still a little 'blah'. Ive tried to get him on a nipple a few times but he refuses when i do, he must have eaten some though because his tummy feels fuller today. i'm so glad she's such a great mommy & adoptive mommy!

Princess & her 8 new kittens!!
2cf0i9.jpg

2 siamese
1 tabby
1 gray
3 orange tabby(new)
1 calico(new)

Please excuse the ucky towel, she's still 'leaky' so i figured i'd change it after she stopped/slowed.

Last edited:
love.gif
Awwwww. You're so good for taking them all in, I don't know if I could handle 8 kittens...wow! Are you going to keep them all?

I won't be able to keep them all, maybe 1-2, maybe just momma, I'm not sure yet. Kittens are Always a handfull but I can't wait until they start playing and getting their personalities
love.gif

Quote:

They are cute. My cat had 3 kittens 5 weeks ago today. She is an outside cat and had them in the garage. Last night she has started taking them out to our shop. My concern is one would not get out from under my husbands tire of his big work truck this morning when leaving for work. And there is a bay out there with lots of equipment in for them to play in, but an osprey was flying over making noise this morning. They have been played with since they were a week old, so my worry is them to go feral now that she has moved them. Another concern is the kitten food is in a bowl in the garage and I saw they had started eating it. Now they are pretty far away from the kitten food. Also we are leaving for the Memorial day weekend to spend at the beach with my in laws, but my son will stop by to feed our goats, chickens and rabbits, and I worry about something getting to them. Should I lock the kittens up in the garage? I know momma cat won't like being looked up in there all weekend. Is it too early to take them away from her for a few days? I have homes for all three and would hate to see something happen to them. Sorry this got long. I am a newbie to cats/kittens and worry too much as my husband says.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom