Rescue Rooster - what is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by peggyblue, Dec 27, 2010.

1. peggyblue

peggyblue New Egg

Sep 28, 2009
    West Haven CT
    This poor rooster has been living outside at the beach here in West Haven CT for 6 months. I went and picked him up last night in the snow storm. Not sure what I'm going to do with him, since we're in the city and not allowed to have roosters! He's appropriately quaranteened from my 2 chickens at the moment. Does anyone know what breed he is?

2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    pics would help. Maybe craigslist him find him a new home

3. peggyblue

peggyblue New Egg

Sep 28, 2009
    West Haven CT
    I uploaded a picture but can't figure out how to get it into the post - any suggestions?

4. peggyblue

peggyblue New Egg

Sep 28, 2009
    West Haven CT
    Trying again to post a picture of my rescued roo:

[​IMG]

5. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    might be a easter egger

6. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    He might be an EE if he has muffs and a beard. If you could get a closer shot, we might have a better chance at telling. He is so pretty. I love that black and silver look.

7. ScotianChick

ScotianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    He looks like a Silver Laced Wyandotte to me [​IMG] It was very nice of you to pick him up! Are you not allowed to keep him because of the noise?

8. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    He is beautiful! Wish I lived near you, I would love to have him!

9. peggyblue

peggyblue New Egg

Sep 28, 2009
    West Haven CT
    This is an urban area, and there are laws against roosters because of the noise. I don't imagine I would get into any trouble now, with sun up at 7 and sundown at 5 - everyone is already up and out. But as the days get longer, it could be an issue. I will try to get a better picture tomorrow. He's sleeping now. The black parts have a beautiful green sheen, and he has feathered feet, beat up a little from his lifestyle. Thanks everyone for your ideas, and I'll have a look at some websites with those breeds to narrow it down.

10. omahalostpunk

omahalostpunk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Council Bluffs
    Looks kinda like an Iowa Blue to me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by