Rescue Rooster!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CountryGeorge, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CountryGeorge

CountryGeorge Chillin' With My Peeps

I needed to rehome an EE rooster last fall and after a false try at a friend's aviary he ended up going to another friend's farm where he had a new group of six Golden Comets to take care of. He proved to be very good at that, being nice to the girls and keeping a lookout for danger.

About a week ago he disappeared and could not be found when it was bed time but he reappeared the next day with another hen in tow! It was another golden comet and the farmer thinks it must be one that took off from the flock some time ago. He disappeared again last night and this morning showed up on the farm with yet another lady, another golden comet. Now he has eight ladies to look out for and my farmer friends hopes he keeps on finding lost ladies.

2. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    Apparently six hens was not enough ladies for his harem. Horndog! LOL!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. TimBaumann

TimBaumann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Namibia
    That is so cool!! Just be careful that he doesn't go around stealing entire flocks! [​IMG]

4. aleebama

aleebama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2012
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Typical teenager!

5. Chickens R Us

Chickens R Us Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

6. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

7. CountryGeorge

CountryGeorge Chillin' With My Peeps

What is amazing is we have quite a bit of snow around here at this time and he has to be roaming quite far from the home farmyard in order to find all these wandering ladies. Most of my feathery ones really don't like walking through the snow very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by