Rescue this saturday

poultryfan73

Songster
9 Years
Mar 10, 2010
Tioga County Pa
I went to the mall near my house and on the way there is a community pond... At the pond there are some white ducks and i think geese. I never had ducks or geese so this is all going to be new.. cant wait though will post pictures when i capture them.

You might want to check with someone before doing that. There is a pond in the city where I work and the city is actually declared a bird sancuary so it's illegal to bother or remove any of the ducks without some type of approval by the city commission. Wouldn't want you to get yourself in trouble.

Last edited:
Alright im going to do that. Thank you the last thing i want to do is get a fine!
big_smile.png
sad.png

In many areas, you are doing everyone a favor by removing NON-NATIVE domestic waterfowl. Now the wild NATIVE species...remove those and you are in big trouble.

I'd reccommend checking to see if the community wants them "captured". If they are annoyed by them, then offer to take care of it. But if the community enjoys them and you take them, that's basically theft.

Hopefully, the community folks will say you may take them, but do make sure they are domestics.

I was wondering if there was any kind of organization in San Diego that handles rescuing ducks. I started my own thread about it, but got no responses.

There are a lot of domestic ducks set free where I live, including mostly flightless breeds like Indian runners. Everyone loves them and if one disappeared, I and some other people would be very upset and would think a coyote or bobcat got them. But, if someone got permission to rescue them, I wouldn't mind so much as long as someone lets me and other people know, so I agree with asking whomever manages the pond about taking them.

Good luck!

Quote:
They'd have to check with their local authorities, but I doubt it...domestic waterfowl often die of injury, exposure, cruelty or malnourishment if left to fend for themselves. There were many injured domestic geese for quite a while in the local park not far from us.

Back
Top Bottom