Rescued 14 Bantam chicks

debbie50chicks

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 19, 2014
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Hello fellow fowl lovers! I went into my feed store several weeks ago and they had just received whole variety of Bantam chicks. A couple weeks later I went in and they still had a lot of them. They asked me if I wanted them for free because they weren't selling. SO.... I came home with 14 2 week old bantam chicks. They are 6 weeks old now and I need help in identifying their breed. I've started to divide the cockerals and the pullets (to my best ability). I've started a temporary bachelor pad till the larger coop is completed. I already have 7 laying hens Whom I love! One EE, One buff Orpington, One French Blue Copper Maran, and four Black Australorps. Never had Batams before. I've taken several pics of the temporary bachelor pad. Please flutter on in and offer your opinions on what breeds these are. The buff colored gentlemen have large feathered feet and never had muffs...thinking Cochins. All opinions welcome. Pictures to follow.

I see old English game birds in what looks like a silver duckwing color, and what look very much like my mille fleur d'uccles. Are the feet feathers long or just heavy?

Most of those are Old English Game Bantams that I can see in the pictures, the other kind of golden feather footed ones I'm pretty sure are Mille fleur D'uccles like TattooedChicks said

Most of those are Old English Game Bantams that I can see in the pictures, the other kind of golden feather footed ones I'm pretty sure are Mille fleur D'uccles like TattooedChicks said
TatooedChicks asked if they ever had muffs at all...which they didn't that's when she mentioned Cochins.

I have no idea about any of those breeds. Time for research. Thanks do much!

Back
Top Bottom