Rescued 3 chicks from TSC pullet bin.. what could they be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lamNervousNellie, Apr 17, 2011.

1. lamNervousNellie

lamNervousNellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Noticed 3 bloody bottoms and some major pecking issues at TSC today, so I rescued the 3 little injured gals. They were in a "Pullet" bin, which is seperate from the "Red Pullets".. Is anyone familiar with what kind of pullets TSC sells out of these bins? I always hear about the Tetras, but even after combing the forum I'm still not exactly sure what a Tetra chick looks like! These girls are yellow and look very similar to my red-sex link x RIR chicks hatched almost 2 weeks ago. The mystery girls seem to be right around 2 weeks also. I've included a picture down below but it's probably not much help since A) the mystery chicks have the same coloring as my chicks and B) the pic is in b&w since you can't see anything in a color pic w/ infrared lighting!

Any guesses are appreciated [​IMG]

OH! I almost forgot.. These chicks have light brown eyes, unlike my chicks who have blue-ish eyes. Hope that helps!

The chick pecking the monkey's eyeball is one of mine [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    really hard to tell without color. Did you ask TSC what hatchery they got them from, that always helps narrow it down some.

3. DeerFarmer

DeerFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Harrisville,Pa
    Here are My Tetra Tints
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    maybe you could turn off the light for a minute or two to get a good pic, shouldn't make a difference as long as you turn it back on.

5. lamNervousNellie

lamNervousNellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Quote:these look a lot like the girls I got but they have some darker spots on them. How old are these chicks in the pics?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by