Rescued chicken, not sure on breed.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by khatar, Sep 11, 2011.

1. khatar

khatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    One of our friends called yesterday to say that they found a ragged looking abandoned chicken in his yard. He said that he found the owner and she said "you can feed it to your dog." We were there immediately, what we saw was a small, young chicken with green legs sitting on the ground. It still had down on its face and made peeping noises. They told us it had come to their yard during the San Diego blackout on thursday. It was very thin and skittish and took forever to try to catch. Eventually she jumped up on the fence and leaped over to the neighbor's shed. We had to knock on their door and ask to catch the chicken, they let us in and found the chicken still standing there on the shed. We tried catching it but it jumped up on the roof of the house. After that we scared her back on to the shed, then to the ground. After that was a wild chase that lasted approximately 15 seconds. Finally it was caught, wrapped in a blanket and we took it home. She was named Tispaa (tee-SPAW) meaning "quick feet" in Farsi.

This morning we examined her for parasites, clipped her wing so she wouldn't escape with her amazing high flying jumps and introduced her to the flock, which is when we realized how small she really was!

Can anyone tell me what breed she is?

Here's the link. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=a.99710629707.86733.701209707&type=1&ref=nf

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I cannot access your picture. But would love to see her.

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I couldn't access to picture either. Glad she has a good friend in you! [​IMG]

4. khatar

khatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Oh, sorry, I guess I'll try another way.

Please check back for any other pics!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  5. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I like to see some pics too, but I saw your other post, she's a hen Pumpkin Hulsey.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by