Rescued chickens looking for homes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Miss Red, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    They have all been wormed and are finally off their meds. Most of them are handled daily and checked over/dusted. I picked my keepers and am going to give these guys a chance to find homes. I apologize ahead of time for the pictures, it's hard to get good ones off my phone. I'm planning on catching them for up close pictures tomorrow. The pictures are of the day I brought them home, it doesn't show how thin they were but it gives you an idea.

I have a 3-4 year old black Cochin rooster who is very sweet once he's caught. He needs his spurs trimmed badly, and I'm afraid to do them because of their length. DNephew named him Leaf, because he had a leaf stuck to his spur the day we brought him home. Leaf comes with his sebright cross hen, Chew. I am unsure of her age, but she's only laying an egg every few days. The hen is VERY wild, and is only pretty to look at. These two are bonded and need to go together. $5 for the pair, good home a must!

[​IMG]

A white silkie roo, 'Silkie', age unknown. Pet quality rooster. Very sweet once caught, but doesn't try to run and isn't completely wild. He has a blue colored sebright cross hen that hardly leaves his side, and I'd like to see them go together if possible. $5 for the pair, good home a must!

[​IMG]

A buff, straight combed Silkie roo. "Brutus". Brutus is a big flirt, and very territorial. I'd like to see him go to a home where he's either the only rooster, or the only rooster in the pen. He gets into fights he can't win. He's a sweetheart though, and flirts with me daily. He tried to give me his strawberry earlier but I let the chicks get it. $1 to whoever wants him, he needs some girls and a good forever home.

Also available are to 8ish week old Silkie cross cockerals. These two boys have a gorgy laced patter, and I'd really only like to rehome one of them. If someone has a few hens for them let me know, I'll give them up for free. Otherwise I'm going to keep my favorite of the two, I think I might anyways, and put the other in freezer camp when he's a little bigger. They both look nearly identical, so I put a picture up of one of them to give ya'll an idea. They both have feathered legs and five toes, black skin, and adorable tophats coming up. They're real sweethearts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good homes are a MUST for these birds. If you want to eat them, so be it... just wait a few weeks for the medications to be out of their systems. I will NOT ship them, not after what they survived through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by