Rescued Chihuahuas *pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NewHopePoultry, Mar 28, 2011.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Well I went to go pick up my chick waterer from a lady I let use it and ended up coming home with 3 Chihuahuas .
    The Chihuahuas are 8 month old brothers. None of them have been worked . They are scared to death of people.
    They are going to the vet tomorrow for checkups, etc.
    I know the person who had them. She is a nice older lady who just had too many dogs and they kept breeding.
    The vet office goes out to her house and gives them their shots and delivers their food,etc, but the lady wont let any of them get fixed [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww cute..
    I hope you can tame them out... poor little guys!

3. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thanks
    Ive already got bitten a few times, but in the end it will be worth it.

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Good for you - and for them!

They are cute (and I am not a little dog person).

I wish you (and them) all the best.

Shy, scared dogs are perfect for marker training. Just a bit of unasked for advise. [​IMG]

Truely - Best wishes to you all!

5. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    We have a poodle we got back from a lady that was not able to look after him she got arthritis and after 2 years from when he was a puppy she rang me mum and said if we could look after him!
    I dont think that was enough we have him now hehehe lol but when we got him he could not even lye down! and could hardly pick him up he would yelp and was afraid of men he is improving now though [​IMG]

6. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    this is our rescue chi nibbler
    [​IMG]
    we found her in arkansas she was down to 3 lbs and covered with bloody sores. now she goes to visit people at the nursing home, has her own closet, and sleeps under the covers with us at night

7. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    So glad that you got them. It will take some time but they will be healthy and happy. I wish she would either get rid of all the males or let the vet fix the dogs breeding is hard on their little bodies. I have 3 rescued Chihuahuas 2 full and one mixed I have another full Chihuahua but he just needed a new home no abuse there. I wish you all the luck in the world.

8. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thanks everyone
    I do rescues all the time, butI usually dont have more then 1 at a time, so this is a first working with 3 at once.

9. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    I had a poodle that obviously had been abused when I got her probably around 8 months of age. She was brought in to our shop< Im a groomer> and we thought we might recognize her as she had a bow in her hair. We tried for weeks searching for her owner but in the meantime I took her home and of course, got attached to her. We never did find the owner and I even went online thinking maybe she had gotten away from someone traveling. But whenever I reached down to hook her collar up to her tie out cable to go potty, sometimes she would eat me for lunch, sometimes not. I came to find out thru a psychic freind that the man who owned her before had mental problems and sometimes he would hit her sometimes not, so she never knew what to expect. Took me three months to get her over that. She finally started coming out of her shell and was so much fun. I would play rough with her to show her that it wasnt going to hurt her and she would come up to me and paw me to play with her.
    The one thing I miss the most about her is she would jump onto the bed and roll over and grab one of her back feet in her mouth and wiggle and do this cute little growl. I had to put her down after two years because she hurt her back falling off the couch when we were playing and hit her back on the coffee table. It caused paralysis.
    I know with your patience and loving home those little guys will be lap dogs in no time. Good for you for taking them away from the enviroment they were in and giving them a chance for happiness.

Rammy

10. Bobby Joe

Bobby Joe Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    tupelo,ms
    [​IMG]
    this is my old boy he has brought me much joy and love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by